The Town of Bay Harbor Islands has engaged the services of Atlantic Paving to install high-emphasis, green-painted bike lanes on the outside lanes of East & West Bay Harbor Drives. We expect them to begin painting the new bike lanes beginning July 17, working Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, for approximately 17 days, weather permitting.
What to Expect
Impact to driveways and off-street parking for the scheduled area should be expected to begin at 9:00 AM so you MUST move your vehicle prior to that time if you intend to use it . Vehicles will not be permitted to enter or exit properties during the painting operations until the paint is fully dry - which takes 4-6 hours. There will be zero exceptions to this rule, as driving over the paint will necessitate it being reapplied and delay the project. Side street access will also be restricted within the active work zones. The Town will provide you with a permit for alternate parking on the day your building is impacted.
Week 1 Schedule
If a day's painting operation is rained out, it will continue the next possible weekday.
- Monday, July 17: North from 96 Street to 9821 E. Bay Harbor Drive, outer lane (lane closest to the water)
- Tuesday, July 18: 9821 to 10001 E. Bay Harbor Drive, outer lane
- Wednesday, July 19: 10001 to 10261 E. Bay Harbor Drive, outer lane
- Thursday, July 20: North from 10261 E. Bay Harbor Drive, west on 103 Street, & South to 10300 W. Bay Harbor Drive, outer lane
- Friday, July 21: South from 10300 to 10000 W. Bay Harbor Drive, outer lane
For questions, call Town Hall at 305-866-6241 and ask for Bridget.