The Town of Bay Harbor Islands Department of Public Works (DPW) is committed to providing safe, reliable, and efficient services to our residents, employees, business operators, and countless visitors. The Department is responsible for the operations and improvement of the Town’s infrastructure, and maintenance activities include, but are not limited to:
- Town-owned Water and Sewer Utilities
- Storm Drains
- Street lights
- Street sweeping
- Litter and branch pick up
The Town is currently experiencing a boom in private construction. The department coordinates with all private developers to ensure that construction sites are operated safely and that streets and gutters remain clean. The Department also controls, and issues rights-of-way permits for and inspects work performed by contractors in the Town's rights-of-way. This includes work related to utilities, water connections, sewer lateral cap-offs, and road and gutter repairs.
For after-hours Water and Sewer Emergencies, please contact the Police Department at 305-866-6242.
Deceased Animal Removal
- For removal of dead animals from the Town’s right of ways or swales, please contact the Public Works Department at 305-866-6241. Note: removal of dead animals from private property is the responsibility of the property owner.
Sick or Injured Animals
- Please contact the Dade County Animal Care and Adoption Division at 305-884-1101 or the Town’s Police Department non-emergency number at 305-866-6242.
Street Light Outages
- To report a problem with street lights, contact Public Works at 305-866-6241 and give us information on the location and fault. If possible, you should include the number on the front of the street light column.
- For additional information, you can also contact the FPL Power Outages at 305-442-8770.