The Town Clerk serves as the corporate secretary and is the official records keeper of the Town and custodian of the Town’s seal. The Town Clerk is a constitutional officer required by the Town Charter; she is appointed by and reports to the Town Council.
Among other things, the Town Clerk is responsible for:
- Attesting to and maintaining custody of all records of the Town including Ordinances, Resolutions, Contracts, Deeds, etc.
- Publishing and distributing public notices as required by law; and administering the publication and supplementation of the Town’s Code Book
- Recording the minutes and all official actions of the Town Council
- Municipal Supervisor of Elections, conducting all Town elections in accordance with Town, County and State laws.
- Responsible for establishing and coordinating the Town’s records management program in compliance with state law.
- Responsible for responding to public records requests and lien searches, administering oaths and providing full notarial services.
The Town Clerk also serves as the municipal Supervisor of Elections, conducting all Town elections in accordance with Town, County and State laws.
Miami-Dade County Elections Department handles voters registrations for all of Miami-Dade County, including all incorporated municipalities such as Bay Harbor Islands. As a convenience you may pick up mail-in registration forms at the Town Hall or you may register online Opens in New Window .
The Town Clerk is responsible for establishing and coordinating the Town’s records management program in compliance with state law. She is also responsible for responding to public records requests and lien searches, administering oaths and providing full notarial services.
Also working with the Office of the Town Clerk is the Recording Secretary, who is responsible for assisting the Town Clerk with the daily operations of the department. Recording Secretary Aloixe Sosa has been working with the Town of Bay Harbor Islands since 2015. She first started working with the Town as the Community Services Department’s Assistant Cheerleading Coach and moved to the Clerk’s Department September 2016.