Office of the Town Clerk
The Town Clerk serves as the corporate secretary and is the official records keeper of the Town and custodian of the Town’s seal. The Town Clerk is a constitutional officer required by the Town Charter; she is appointed by and reports to the Town Council.
The Office of the Town Clerk is committed to provide professional, efficient and courteous service to the General Public, Town Council and Staff. We strive to deliver transparency by providing an impartial, independent and accurate voice to promote public trust in our local government.
- Serves as the Town's Records Management Liaison Officer (RMLO) with the State of Florida Department.
- Attesting to and maintaining custody of all records of the Town including Ordinances, Resolutions, Contracts, Deeds, etc.
- Advertise Public Meetings, Hearings, ordinances, notices, Request for Proposals (RFP) and any other legal advertising as required by law.
- Coordinates the agenda preparation for meetings of the Town Council, Planning & Zoning Board, Development Review Committee, Special Master Hearing and other residents committees as directed by the Town Council.
- Prepares and publishes all of the Town's Meetings Agendas.
- Administers the publication and supplementation of the Town’s Code Book
- Records the minutes and all official actions of the Town Council.
- Responsible for responding to public records requests and lien searches, administering oaths and providing full notarial services.
- Serves as the Financial Disclosure Coordinator with the State of Florida Commission on Ethics.
- Updates and monitors the list of Board and Committee Members.
The Town Clerk also serves as the Municipal Supervisor of Elections in conjunction with the Miami-Dade County Department of Elections, conducting all Town elections in accordance with Town, County and State laws.
Miami-Dade County Elections Department handles voters registrations for all of Miami-Dade County, including all incorporated municipalities such as Bay Harbor Islands. As a convenience you may pick up mail-in registration forms at the Town Hall or you may register online.
The Town Clerk is the Records Management Liaison Officer (RMLO) for the Town and responsible for establishing and coordinating the Town’s records management program in compliance with state law. The RMLO serves as the primary point of contact between the Town and the Division’s records management program for the State as per 257.36(5)(a) Florida Statutes.
She is also responsible for responding to public records requests and lien searches, administering oaths and providing full notarial services.