Fun Things to do at Home
Safer-at-Home Programs from BHI Community Services!
Bay Harbor Islands residents - get ready to ZOOM!
|Gentle Senior Yoga 10:00 AM||Adult Yoga 10:00 AM|
|Portuguese 4:00 PM|
|Meditation Mondays 5:00 PM||Life Skills 5:00 PM|
All programs are totally free for Bay Harbor Islands residents through Zoom!
Scroll down for each program’s Zoom meeting ID and Password.
Please Note, all Zoom Programs will be recorded and may be used on all the Town’s Social Media Platforms. If you do not want to be recorded, please do not enable the video option while participating in the Town’s Virtual Programs.
MEDITATION MONDAYS – Join us weekly for Meditation Mondays. Participants will use techniques to train attention and awareness, while achieving a mentally clear, emotionally calm and stable state of mind. Classes will be held every Monday at 5:00 p.m.
To join Xoom Meditation class click here Version OptionsFun Things to do at HomeHeadline
To view the recorded Meditation Mondays for 5-11-20: https://youtu.be/ezR19vgaxHc
TAI CHI FOR EVERYONE – Join us weekly for our famous Tai Chi Program on Zoom. Tai Chi provides gentle exercise that helps adults and seniors improve balance and prevent falls. It consists of making slow, graceful movements while breathing deeply. Classes will be held every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m.
To join zoom Tai-Chi class click here Version OptionsFun Things to do at HomeHeadline
To view the recorded Tai Chi 4-14-20: https://youtu.be/3xsKjL3HU9k
To view the recorded Tai Chi 4-21-20: https://youtu.be/48bPJTZ998g
To view the recorded Tai Chi 4-28-20: https://youtu.be/7O6NlzoM0wI
To view the recorded Tai Chi 5-5-20: https://youtu.be/UqzEvonAxuk
To view the recorded Tai Chi 5-26-20: https://youtu.be/68H0oiENrxU
FUN FITNESS & ATHLETICS – Join Coach Derrick for fun physical fitness exercises you can do at home with the whole family. Classes will be held every Tuesday at 4:00 p.m.
To join Zoom Fun Fitness & Athletics class click here Version OptionsFun Things to do at HomeHeadline
To view the recorded Fun Fitness & Athletics 5-12-20: https://youtu.be/9tQUClAj7e4
GENTLE SENIOR’S YOGA is a wonderful, alternative, moderate pace yoga that creates an accessible environment for students with less yoga experience. Gentle Yoga is good for active residents, as well as residents with limited mobility. Classes will be held every Wednesday at 10:00 a.m.
To join zoom Gentle Senior’s Yoga class click here Version OptionsFun Things to do at HomeHeadline
To view the recorded Gentle Senior’s Yoga 4-15-20: https://youtu.be/xXmoFIbw78w
To view the recorded Gentle Senior’s Yoga 4-17-20: https://youtu.be/7SN_m_YwAwI
To view the recorded Gentle Senior’s Yoga 4-22-20: https://youtu.be/WzO3N_xa7Tsv
To view the recorded Gentle Senior’s Yoga 4-24-20: https://youtu.be/psYgmCmB8MU
To view the recorded Gentle Senior’s Yoga 5-1-20: https://youtu.be/1N-ClY56JiE
To view the recorded Gentle Senior’s Yoga 5-6-20: https://youtu.be/f9mvmvAu0HQ
To view the recorded Gentle Senior’s Yoga 5-13-20: https://youtu.be/TZEBOQbaQ6c
VOCAL CLASS – Start your vocal journey from home. Learn introductory basic vocals with the family and enjoy some family time. Classes will be held every Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
To join Zoom Vocal class click here Version OptionsFun Things to do at HomeHeadline
To view the recorded Vocal Class 4-22-20: https://youtu.be/TA-3U9nTUEY
To view the recorded Vocal Class 4-29-20: https://youtu.be/ISLDcr_QCrQ
To view the recorded Vocal Class 5-6-20: https://youtu.be/hCOLSBQXGbQ
To view the recorded Vocal Class 5-13-20: https://youtu.be/vejRE99lnUM
HEALTH LECTURES WITH AVENTURA HOSPITAL – Our popular Health Education Lecture Series will continue every Thursday. Topics such as nutrition, mental health and staying safe will be discussed.
First Lecture Topic: Anxiety and Stress held Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. To view this recorded Health Lecture: https://youtu.be/Vg0CdVSSEp0
Second Lecture Topic: Supporting Your Immune System Through Nutrition Part One held Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. To view this recorded Health Lecture: https://youtu.be/Bf8_UQrEgko
Third Lecture Topic: Supporting Your Immune System Through Nutrition Part Two on Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 10:00 am. To view this recorded Health Lecture: https://youtu.be/qBm2AdiJhc8
Fourth Lecture Topic: Recognizing Stroke and Understanding Risk Factors with Nyema Robinson, RN held Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. To view this recorded Health Lecture: https://youtu.be/JOKIAxOVieo
Fifth Lecture Topic: Recognizing the Signs and Symptoms of Sepsis and Infection Prevention with Jasmine Dew, RN held on Thursday, May 14th, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. To view this recorded Health Lecture: https://youtu.be/Wks4zs6iitk
Sixth Lecture Topic: Safe Emergency Care During Covid-19 on with Rochelle Ming, BSN, Director of Emergency Services at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center on Thursday, June 4th, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
To join zoom Health Lecture with Aventura Hospital click here Version OptionsFun Things to do at HomeHeadline
KIDS YOGA – Children will improve strength, flexibility and coordination as they learn to focus on various breathing and visualization techniques. They will also learn self-respect and respect for others with the practice of fun and challenging poses. Classes will be held every Thursday at 4:00 p.m.
To join Kids Yoga class on Zoom click here Version OptionsFun Things to do at HomeHeadline
To view the recorded Kids Yoga Class 5-7-20: https://youtu.be/3ad0mdWUtIc
To view the recorded Kids Yoga Class 5-14-20: https://youtu.be/PnO1b_0OAWI
To view the recorded Kids Yoga Class 5-21-20: https://youtu.be/-s3olka1jEc
LIFE SKILLS AT HOME – Join the Community Services Department every Thursday for links, videos and activities you can do at home. Our new Life Skills course will concentrate on financial literacy, professional etiquette/manners, how to apply for jobs, and how best to learn in school, while exercising personal leadership. Classes will be held every Thursday at 5:00 p.m.
To join zoom Life Skill class click here Version OptionsFun Things to do at HomeHeadline.
Pre-registration is required for the Life Skills, please email us to receive the zoom password.
You must pre Version OptionsFun Things to do at HomeHeadline
To view the recorded Life Skills Class 4-23-20: https://youtu.be/aJ7l4AWHOAU
To view the recorded Life Skills Class 4-30-20: https://youtu.be/JaLjxaIH7uA
To view the recorded Life Skills Class 5-7-20: https://youtu.be/G7_rdaLomp0
To view the recorded Life Skills Class 5-14-20: https://youtu.be/5K90tOaTmT0
PORTUGUESE – A class for heritage speakers and children, from Kindergarten through 5th grade, that already know or understand basic Portuguese. Classes will be held every Friday at 4:00 p.m.
To join our Portuguese class on Zoom click here Version OptionsFun Things to do at HomeHeadline
To view the recorded Portuguese Class 5-8-20: https://youtu.be/V2wQMB41jco
To view the recorded Portuguese Class 5-22-20: https://youtu.be/x1W4SH5-Fts
No programs are currently being offered on Saturdays.
ADULT YOGA – A gentle way to improve your posture, balance and coordination. Yoga is a systematic practice of physical exercise, breath control, relaxation, diet control, and positive thinking and meditation aimed at developing harmony in the body, mind and environment. Classes will be held every Sunday starting at 10:00 a.m.
To join Adult Yoga on Zoom click here Version OptionsFun Things to do at HomeHeadline
To view the recorded Adult Yoga Class 5-10-20: https://youtu.be/047hmCoyB38
To view the recorded Adult Yoga Class 5-17-20: https://youtu.be/t6K4jqMOAeA
To view the recorded Adult Yoga Class 5-24-20: https://youtu.be/7vEwCnxG4WM
Recorded Classes of Older Programs
Just click on the underline class date to view the videos:
The World Awaits - Let’s Go!
Time to take in some culture! From museums, to ancient Greece to space! Get as close as you like!
- The Met 360 Project - Virtually visit The Met’s art and architecture in a fresh, immersive way.
- The Vatican - Take a step into the Sistine Chapel and gaze at Michelangelo’s legendary frescos!
- The Lourve - Come along on a virtual tour and enjoy the view.
- Machu Picchu - See Peru’s legendary Machu Picchu in all its glory.
- The Acropolis in Athens, Greece - With the tour you can enjoy 360° videos that provide a fascinating insight into Ancient Greece.
- Check out Google Arts & Culture - they have just about everything including these cool virtual tours!
- Dry Tortugas National Park, Florida - Visit the Civil War-era Fort Jefferson, swim through the third largest coral reef in the world and dive into a shipwreck from 1907.
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska - This virtual tour lets you explore glaciers, fjords, and icebergs located in the Alaskan wilderness.
- Hawaii’s Volcanoes - This virtual tour lets you explore the Nahuku Lava Tube, which is a cave formed by flowing lava
- Don’t miss the 360 degree videos like this one - Inside the Space Shuttle Discovery
- And you can meet a Titanosaur!
Time to Take Your Couch for a Ride!
We can’t visit theme parks in person, but we can turn off the lights, turn on the big screen TV and GO!
- Ride The Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster - Take a ride on the Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster in Pigeon Forge! One of the longest alpine mountain coasters in North America, and a lot of fun.
- Ride Runaway Mountain Coaster, Branson Missouri - Long ride up and then WHOA! Just the WHOA!!!!
- Ride THE BEAST! at Kings Island in Mason, Ohio - one of the best wooden roller coasters EVER!
- Takabisha Fuji-Q Highlands, Japan, Takabisha is a modern day thriller
- Fastest and Longest Zip Line in Latin America! ZipLine over the Jungle in Guatemala
- ALL the coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain, including West Coast Racers!
Make your Own Face Mask
We watched a LOT of videos on how to make face masks - and this one rocks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2B7Twkh2SI
Kids yoga made super fun at Cosmic Kids like this Frozen theme
Where the Wild Things Are
You can still go to the zoo - even from home! Take a look. You won’t believe your eyes!
- The San Diego Zoo has TEN live cams! From Penguins to Polar Bears check them out!
- The Houston Zoo is not monkeying around with their webcams! Gorillas, Chimps, Rhinos - oh my!
- Be delighted by the antics the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s sea otters the hypnotic drifting of jellies. With ten live cams to choose from, you can experience the wonder of the ocean where ever you are!
- Zoo Atlanta is devoted to their Panda and so is their cam!
- The National Zoo has four cams but they warn you - there are no humans about so the animals may do as they please.
- ! Watch them live or check out what they were doing while you weren’t watching!
- Check out EarthCam.com. They have Animal cams and cams just about everywhere else. But here is the link to the wildest feed!
- Many Association of Zoos & Aquariums member facilities are closed due to the coronavirus but they are bringing education and fun to you through online events and educational resources. Check the calendar for live videos and other online events your whole family can enjoy!