Fun Things to do at Home
The World Awaits - Let’s Go!
Time to take in some culture! From museums, to ancient Greece to space! Get as close as you like!
- The Met 360 Project - This award-winning series of six short videos invites viewers around the world to virtually visit The Met’s art and architecture in a fresh, immersive way.
- The Vatican - Take a step into the Sistine Chapel and gaze at Michelangelo’s legendary frescos; even through your web browser the result is breathtaking.
- The Lourve - Visit the museum’s exhibition rooms and galleries, contemplate the façades of the Louvre...
Come along on a virtual tour and enjoy the view.
- Machu Picchu - You no longer need to buy a plane ticket to Peru to see the legendary Machu Picchu in all its glory.
- The Acropolis in Athens, Greece - With the tour you can enjoy 360° videos that provide a fascinating insight into Ancient Greece.
- Check out Google Arts & Culture - they have just about everything! Check out these cool virtual tours!
- Dry Tortugas National Park, Florida - Just 70 miles west of Key West, you can visit the Civil War-era Fort Jefferson, swim through the third largest coral reef in the world, and even take an exploratory dive into a shipwreck from 1907.
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska - This virtual tour lets you explore glaciers, fjords, and icebergs located in the Alaskan wilderness.
- Hawaii’s Volcanoes - One of the most popular national parks in Hawaii is now totally accessible online. This virtual tour lets you explore the Nahuku Lava Tube, which is a cave formed by flowing lava
- Don’t miss the 360 degree videos like this one - Inside the Space Shuttle Discovery
- And you can meet a Titanosaur!
Time to Take Your Couch for a Ride!
We can’t visit theme parks in person, but we can turn off the lights, turn on the big screen TV and GO!
- Ride The Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster - Take a ride on the Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster in Pigeon Forge! One of the longest alpine mountain coasters in North America, and a lot of fun.
- Ride Runaway Mountain Coaster, Branson Missouri - Long ride up and then WHOA! Just the WHOA!!!!
- Ride THE BEAST! at Kings Island in Mason, Ohio - one of the best wooden roller coasters EVER!
- Takabisha Fuji-Q Highlands, Japan, Takabisha is a modern day thriller
- Fastest and Longest Zip Line in Latin America! ZipLine over the Jungle in Guatemala
Make your Own Face Mask
We watched a LOT of videos on how to make face masks - and this one rocks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2B7Twkh2SI
Kids yoga made super fun at Cosmic Kids like this Frozen theme
Where the Wild Things Are
You can still go to the zoo - even from home! Take a look. You won’t believe your eyes!
- The San Diego Zoo has TEN live cams! From Penguins to Polar Bears check them out!
- The Houston Zoo is not monkeying around with their webcams! Gorillas, Chimps, Rhinos - oh my!
- Be delighted by the antics the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s sea otters the hypnotic drifting of jellies. With ten live cams to choose from, you can experience the wonder of the ocean where ever you are!
- Zoo Atlanta is devoted to their Panda and so is their cam!
- The National Zoo has four cams but they warn you - there are no humans about so the animals may do as they please.
- ! Watch them live or check out what they were doing while you weren’t watching!
- Check out EarthCam.com. They have Animal cams and cams just about everywhere else. But here is the link to the wildest feed!
- Many Association of Zoos & Aquariums member facilities are closed due to the coronavirus but they are bringing education and fun to you through online events and educational resources. Check the calendar for live videos and other online events your whole family can enjoy!