Shepard Broad Causeway Pass Plan
What is the Pass Plan?
The Shepard Broad Causeway SunPass Toll Pass Plan (Pass Plan) is a flat-rate convenience toll-pass program for use with SunPass transponders, only. NON-SUNPASS TRANSPONDERS AND PLATES ARE INELIGIBLE FOR EXEMPTION.
Terms and Conditions
Violation of Terms and Conditions
Applying for the Pass Plan (new and renewals)
You may apply for the Pass Plan using a smart phone, tablet or computer. If you do not have access to any such device or feel you need assistance doing so, you may go to Town Hall and request help from staff. Be sure to bring all the required documents and information with you.
- You will need to upload/provide a photo of your Florida License and your vehicle's Florida vehicle registration, so if using a computer, take photos of the required documents first and save them to your computer as a JPG or PNG file, only. If using a phone or tablet you can simply photograph the items from within the app, when you get to that point.
- The cost of an Annual Pass Plan is $350.00 and the cost for 6-months is $225.00, as set forth in Resolution 2269, adopted September 14, 2022, plus a payment processing fee allowable under Section 215.322(1), Florida Statutes. You will not be asked for payment, initially. You will need to be approved first, so be sure to review your SunPass account first so that you are not rejected. Your account must be in your or your spouse's name, as must your vehicle, and be properly funded, without a history of toll violations, ITOL or VTOL charges. Accounts with a history of having a negative balance within the last 90-days or with a low balance (less than $25.00) not on auto-replenish will not be approved.
- Turnaround from the date of application to approval for payment (or rejection) may be as much as 25-days. This turnaround may increase or decrease based on the number of applications submitted before yours.
- If you submit your application on a weekend or holiday, the clock does not start until the next business day.
- Once payment is submitted, expect confirmation of activation within 2-3-business days, depending on the number of applications ahead of yours.
- No one may request or expect to receive preferential processing.
- Questions and or other correspondence related to the Broad Causeway SunPass Toll and/or the Town’s Pass Plan must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such correspondence, as well as all other Toll-related records and monetary transactions, are subject to review by SunPass, FDOT, Pass Plan Department staff, the Town Manager and federally mandated audits. All appropriate parties will receive a copy via the email@example.com address.
The Application Review Process
Prior to applying, please check your account ON A COMPUTER to insure your application will not be rejected.
The information provided on each application is sent to SunPass for verification and your SunPass account activity is reviewed for the past 90-days. If rejected you will be required to reapply. Any of the following are reason for rejection:
- Information on the application that does not match your SunPass account. (Account holder name, address, etc.)
- Not having your license plate on your SunPass account or a mismatch in what you provided.
- Having an out of state driver license or vehicle registration.
- A negative balance at any time in the last 90-days.
- A low balance (less than $25.00) and not being enrolled in auto-replenishment.
- Outstanding toll charges of any kind.
- Toll-charges in collections.
- Previously defaulting on a toll bill.
- Any other anomalies found your activity.
If you are aware of any issues, you need to let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a detailed explanation. Be sure to include the name that will appear on your application, transponder number(s) and account number.
Updating Pass Plan Information
- To make a change of transponder or other information for an unexpired, existing Pass Plan, go to https://tiny.one/Change-Form.
- Turnaround for changes to unexpired, existing Pass Plans may be as much as 5-business days. For applications submitted after 3:00 PM, or on a weekend or holiday, the clock does not begin until the following business day.
Click the link below to apply for a Pass Plan or go to https://bayharborislands-fl-bhiapplicationportal.app.transform.civicplus.com/ and select "2023 - 2024 Pass Plan Application for the Shepard Broad Causeway"