2022 Holidays & Hours for Contractors, Construction and Landscaping
For comments, questions, or concerns about the permissible contracting, construction and/or landscaping hours please contact the appropriate Code Officer using the information below.
- Code Compliance Officer Scherrie Griffin, (786) 792-9619
- For matters regarding the Business District and properties located south of Kane Concourse/96th Street, on the East and West Islands.
- Code Compliance Supervisor Evelyn Merizalde, (786) 256-4347
- For matters regarding properties located north of Kane Concourse/96th Street on the East and West Islands:
- If you require an emergency exception to the Town's construction hours, please contact the Building Department at (305) 993-1786 to obtain formal permission.
Sec. 12-21. Definitions
Construction activity means any activity associated with the construction, renovation, repair, alteration or demolition of any building, structure or any part thereof.
Sec. 12-26. Permissible hours for construction activity and landscaping
The performance of construction activity and landscaping within the Town shall be allowed only from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. The performance of construction activity and landscaping within the Town shall not be allowed on Saturdays, Sundays, or legal holidays and the same is hereby specifically prohibited. For purposes of this section, the term legal holidays is defined as any day legally observed as a holiday by the Town.
Sec. 12-27 Penalties
The following fines and penalties shall be imposed on violators of this article: For the first violation, the violator shall receive a notice of violation imposing a fine of $250.00. For any subsequent violation, the violator shall receive a notice of violation imposing a fine of $500.00.
Sec. 12-28 Granting exceptions
Whenever and wherever it shall appear to the satisfaction of the Town Manager that work on buildings within said Town is of such a nature that the same cannot be stopped immediately within the time specified herein without substantial loss and damage to the contractor or the owner of said property, then, and only then, the Town Manager is hereby authorized in his discretion to except said work from the provisions of hereinabove only until the time necessary to complete such emergency work, or to relieve such undue hardship.
2022 Holidays Where Construction/Landscaping is Prohibited:
- Monday, January 17, Birthday of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Monday, February 21, Washington's Birthday/President's Day
- Monday, May 30, Memorial Day Monday
- June 20, Juneteenth National Independence Day (observed)
- Monday, July 4, Independence Day
- Monday, September 5, Labor Day
- Friday, November 11, Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 24, 2022 Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 25, Day after Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 23, Christmas Eve (observed)
- Monday, December 26, Christmas Day (observed)
- Friday, December 30, New Years Day
(Columbus Day Monday, October 10 not observed)