Connecting more residents, more quickly and effectively, to jobs, schools, healthcare, and fun through the Better Bus Shift!
On November 13, Metrobus riders will experience the most significant service transformation in County history as the Better Bus SHIFTS into Gear, providing more people with greater access and frequency to jobs, schools, healthcare and recreation.
The Better Bus SHIFTS into Gear action plan is a key component of a stronger, more reliable bus system to expand quicker connections for residents to major employers, educational institutions, and healthcare providers in 45 minutes or less.
Some of the most important benefits about this community led effort include.
- The average resident can reach nearly 12,000 more jobs in 45 minutes of travel time or less. That’s a 28% increase over the current network.
- More than half a million residents will be able to reach at least 20,000 more jobs by transit in 45 minutes or less on weekdays.
- Two-thirds of low-income residents will be able to reach at least 1,000 more jobs by transit within 60 minutes on Saturdays. That’s over half a million low-income residents with better access to jobs on weekends.
- Once implemented, more people will find it possible to reduce the use of cars, which could lower the number of vehicles on our roadways.
- MetroConnect - our improved and expanded, FREE, on-demand, shared ride service - will augment our Better Bus system, providing support for some riders where needed for last mile connections. MetroConnect picks you up wherever you are, as long as you're within the service zone.
Riders and residents are urged to familiarize themselves with the new network by visiting the Better Bus SHIFTS into Gear page at miamidade.gov/BetterBus, where many resources and tools will show them how to navigate the new system.
Download the MetroConnect app or call 786-321-5842 to sign up and use the FREE, on-demand service.
For more information, Miami-Dade Transit riders can follow this historic and exciting change on DTPW’s social media channels @GoMiamiDade.
Call 311 or 305-468-5900 to get one-on-one personal customer service in English, Spanish or Creole from Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Individuals with a hearing or speech disability can call Florida Relay at 711. The 311 Contact Center is closed on Sundays and holidays. Download the 311Direct app to stay connected.